Careers and Eligibility
Applicants shall be
- A United States citizen
- At least 21 years of age at the time of employment
- Possess a valid Indiana driver’s license
- A high school graduate or equivalent
- No felony convictions
- No domestic violence convictions
Police Officer duties include but are not limited to the following
- Enforcing traffic and parking laws.
- Participating in community policing activities.
- Participating in mandatory and elective training including firearms and defensive tactics.
- Patrolling their districts, responding to calls for service, conducting preliminary investigations, investigating traffic-related incidents, writing reports, pursuing and detaining suspects and making arrests.
- Preparing for and attending court appearances.
- Working with other department units as well as other local, state and federal entities.
Pittsboro Police Department offers a variety of ways to serve including
- Specialty Accident Investigations
- K-9 Handler
- Community Relations/Public appearances
- Criminal Investigations
- Hostage Negotiations
- Narcotics Unit
- Traffic Unit